Got this in my email today. And am completely disgusted because Shelfari was always better than Goodreads. Ugh.
As you may know, for the past few years, Amazon has supported two online communities of readers: Shelfari and Goodreads. Both services share the same mission - helping readers find new books and share their reading - so it makes sense to merge them. We plan to complete this by March 16, 2016. Our team can then focus on building innovative new features and creating a great experience for readers on just one platform: Goodreads.
We would like to invite you to now move your books across to Goodreads. To make it easy for you, go to http://www.shelfari.com/moveToGoodreads/ExportInvitation and you will find instructions on how to do this. You will be set up and back to reading books in no time!
If you are not familiar with Goodreads, the core features you love on Shelfari - keeping track of books you have read and want to read, and connecting with fellow readers over your shared love of books - are at the heart of the Goodreads experience. You will also be able to enjoy additional services and features including:
- On-the-go access to your bookshelves and friends updates through the Goodreads iOS and Android apps
- The ability to use Goodreads on most Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets
- Personalized book recommendations from the Goodreads recommendation engine based on books you have enjoyed
- More ways to share and enjoy your love of reading through the Goodreads Reading Challenge, the ability to write rich text reviews, and enter to win books in our popular Goodreads giveaways program, and
- Connecting with your favorite authors, including using Goodreads Ask the Author feature
If you have any questions about moving to Goodreads, please email email@example.com and our team will be happy to help. You can also choose to export your data for your own records following the steps at http://www.shelfari.com/exportData/ExportEverything.
From your fellow book lovers,
The Shelfari and Goodreads Teams